Islamic Center Of Richmond (ICR) is a registered 501c(3) non-profit religious organization in Richmond, VA. ICR has been serving the Muslim community since 2007 and caters to the needs of hundreds of families in and around Richmond.
- Uphold and apply the principles and practices of Islam as revealed by Allah to Prophet Muhammad[PBUH].
- Organize religious, educational, and charitable activities for the benefit of the Muslim community in Virginia, with particular emphasis on the residents of the counties of Henrico, Goochland, Hanover,chesterfield, and the city of Richmond.
- Establish, maintain, and operate the ICR facilities for religious, educational, and community services. Governing principles pursuant to which the Organization will operate include the following: Shura (mutual consultation), as defined by Al-Quran (the holy book of Al Islam) and As-Sunnah (the practices and teachings of Prophet Muhammad[PBUH]), shall constitute the primary governing principle; Religious sources, in descending order of authority:
- The Quran.
- The Sunnah.
- The Ijmaa? (total consensus of the Sahaba)
- The legacy of the pure Islamic doctrines and practice of Ahlus-Sunna Wa Al-Jama?ah.
- The legacy of the four renowned scholars of Fiqh (Islamic jurisprudence).
- All decisions shall be accepted and defended by every member, as long as they are in accordance with these sources.
- No activities that violate the injunctions of Al-Quran and As-Sunnah shall be permitted in the organization by the Shura Council or any member of ICR.